RE: BDC promotion to PDC

  • From: pankaj.mehley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:32:34 +0530

From my experience what I feel is that you dont need to promote the bdc to
pdc...If PDC goes down then BDC automatically take over the charge as it
contains a replica of the sam database on pdc.You may choose to promote the
BDC to PDC from the server manager if you want to do it manually...But I
think you will find it a pdc in server manager too...

One more thing you let me know is ....Do you still have the user accounts in
the bdc's sam database???

Regards,

Pankaj Mehley.