Re: Automated user settings?

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:05:48 -0500

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:26:11 +0200, Mats Hellman
<mats.hellman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was wondering the following? Is there a way to deploy Outlook settings via
> AD, Group policy etc?

Yes, if you have an Active Directory domain, you can use Group
Policies to implement and enforce Office 200x (and Outlook) settings
to domain users and computers.  For Office specific settings, you will
need to download the Office 200x (whatever version you have installed)
ADM template from Microsoft downloads.

> So that if a user logs on to a computer he/she has never used before their
> settings would automatically be set. We use Exchange in cached mode by the
> way.

So you are using Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003, in this case,
download the Office 2003 ADM template from MS downloads.

...D