RE: AntiSpam measures to be taken via Exchange configuration

  • From: "Chris Williams" <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:03:17 -0800

Stephan, there are many, many tools available for blocking spam.
Postini & GFI are among them, but there's lots of choices.  BrightMail
is good, as is MessageLabs, MXLogic, etc.

You said you wanted to do everything right with the configuration of
Exchange first though.  Unfortunately, Exchange 2000 is a lot more
limited in that regard than Exchange 2003 is.  If you migrate to
Exchange 2003, you can run Microsoft's free IMF tool, and you can set
the SMTP process to query RBL lists.

If you have to stay on Exchange 2000, I'd recommend you look at 3rd
party solutions; if you are migrating to Ex2003 the Microsoft tools may
be of interest.

cw