Adding Disclaimer to all outgoint internet e-mail ?

  • From: "LaPatra, Pat" <plapatra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:41:28 -0600

I was hoping someone out there has implemented the MS method of adding a
disclaimer to outbound e-mail heading to the internet. I have been working with
the below method using a VBscript with event sink. The goal for me is to add
this to all e-mail leaving our Exchange 2003 systems heading to the internet.
We would like to avoid purchasing a third party tool for this.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680

We are a multi-site Exchange 2003 (SP1) design. We have a designated bridgehead
for each side of the planet for handling inbound and outbound e-mail. I have
this working in a lab environment ( single exchange 2003 sp1 server, separtate
org and domain, with SMTP connector to our production system) and can only get
this script to fire if I submit the e-mail with a POP client. If I connect to
the lab with either OWA or Outlook the disclaimer never gets added. I just
figured that if the message crossed the SMTP service or connector this script
would apply.

Thanks for any help getting this solution working.

Pat LaPatra
Heidrick & Struggles Inc.
Chicago, IL

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including any attachment(s),
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and then delete the original message and any copies of it from your
computer system. Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.