RE: Active Directories

  • From: "Fares Rihani" <fares@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:22:09 -0400

Hey Rory,

What i would do is set up a security policy to audit and log all security
activity..
what may be happening (and the event log will show this) is that you have
the login tries and lockout too strict.  I've had a few users with this
problem that when they sometimes left outlook running it would cause logon
errors and 5 tries later their account would get locked out and I would have
to reset it manually..
The best thing to do is find the source of it and estimate the occurance.
Also, to unlock a user, all you have to do is enter active directory >
Username > Properties > Account > then uncheck "Account is locked out"

Hope that helps..

.frihani