AW: RE: slightly off mark but, I need help

  • From: "Zentarra, Marco" <marco.zentarra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:03:41 +0100

Hey all

we´ve done that 6 weeks ago! our isp also discontinuing its service,
they told us that at a monday...5 days later the pipe and the ip´s were
gone....that was "fun" ;-)
i called that a very sticky situation :-D
how we solved our "little" problem (and you´ll also):

we host our own webserver, emailserver and own dns. we have cable
(2mbit) with no up/download limit. ~ 1400 EUR / month. we got 16 IPs and
our firewall has 3 NICs (dmz,lan,inet)
check out some ISPs, if you have chosen one, the will come to your
hospital and install a router which manages all the traffic. i think
your situation is not that different to our, so (after you got the ISP
and he installed the router) it´s easy:
the router from the ISP is now your standard gateway, you have to
connect the firewalls internet nic to the router. the rest is easy too:
just change the IPs in your firewall config, and everything should work
fine.

our ISP has a secondary dns we can use, and the primary is in our
company. you should get an ISP who also do that DNS stuff

if you´ll have some question, ask me. it´s not that long time ago :-)

Marco