[ewiki] ["page_init"], GETALL

  • From: Mario Salzer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:16:27 +0200

Hey,

The GETALL seems to work now (1.60), so I will patch the SEARCH similarily
(even if the SEARCH is not guarantued to return a specific version). Btw,
is there a need for a REGEXP search? I think it wouldn't be that much
overhead to implement this across all db_plugins.

There is now the ["page_init"] where the ["view_init"] was before (as
suggested by Andy).

CSS use: The _edit_preview() output is now enclosed in <div class="preview">
and many other core parts now follow a similar naming scheme. Here is an
small excerpt about things added (no ext plugins changed yet):

.wiki.PageName
.wiki.links
.wiki.edit.TheCurrentPage
.wiki
.wiki.view  .action-links     /* EditThisPage, PageInfo, ... */
.wiki.edit  .preview
.wiki.edit  .image-upload
.wiki.edit  .edit-box
.wiki.info  .chunked-result
.wiki.info  table.version-info
.wiki.info  .version-info .action-links
.wiki.info  .version-info .page-author
.wiki.info                .page-refs
.wiki.info                .page-flags

There is no genaral guideline for classnames nor does it make sense to have
one. For class names from the core and basic plugins however tend to be
medium-descriptive and not talkative and aren't written in WikiStyle.

Other plugins may have other needs. For example the calendar and navbar
plugins aren't to be rendered inside of a wikipage, but usually will be
shown somewhere else (sidebars) on a sites pages. These may require a
multitude of own style classes and thus should handle it how it looks
most useful.
For example the generic ".wiki" class should not apply to them per default.

> You have a typo on line 1422 of ewiki.php...
> 1422         #-- html commyent
>
> also, since I'm nit-picking, I think proper English would suggest that
>          $ewiki_t["en"]["PAGEINFOS"] = "PageInfo,"  not "PageInfos".

As I'm not a nativily speaking english I'm of course thankful for such
notices. In this case I believed that to be the somehow valid plural.  ;)
The offending $ewiki_t entry was, btw, renamed to "PAGEHISTORY" now.

mario

--
This message is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,