[ewiki] new mailing list, bugfixes, release plans

  • From: Mario Salzer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:30:54 +0200

Hi everybody,

And welcome to the new mailing list. I'm going to purge any subscriptions
of the previous one this week (I also had quite a lot of problems with the
coollist.com service).

-

BUGFIX: Anyone who updated AFTER R1.01a should do so again NOW (using the
snapshot from CVS). There was a bug in the {meta} field handling during
renewal of the _database() function. It won't probably do any harm, but
presentation problems are very likely (the downloads plugin was affected
as seen on the sf.net demo site).
Note, that there is a R1.01a5 tarball, which seems to have most recent bugs
fixed (except the one with OrphanedPages).

-

The GETALL query was disfuntional last time. I'd say its fixed now, even
if OrphanedPages still produces garbage.

-

NEXT STEP RELEASE: It's again about two month since the last 'official'
release tarball, but there are still too much unresolved things and
unfinished extensions, so it will take two more weeks until packaging:

* thoroughly designed and senseful CSS usage
* plugins/db_any (to replace db_adodb)
* forum plugins (2 planned, 0 finished)
* diff-enhanced 'notify:' still broken (at least on sf.net)

A newer ewiki_format() rendering function will not come up before this
next step release "R1.01b".

mario