[ewatch-devel] Fwd: Request for Proposals: Support for Existing Incubators in Developing Countries

  • From: <totic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apc-staff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:54:20 -0000

To all concerned:

Below is a note from World Bank calling for incubator projects with grants
amounting between US$ 300,000.00 and 500,000.00.  Deadline of submission is
February 17, 2003.  For those interested, we have roughly less than 45 days
to dealine.  CAVEAT: Please do not be blinded with the amount involve.

To the all "PROJ"-based classes, should your group be interested in pursuing
this, use APC (or Asia Pacific Technology Education Foundation?) as the not-
for-profit business development service center, and your respective client-
agency as its beneficiary.  See to it that you are able to translate your
respective project prospectus on the themes specified below.

With respect of your cashflow analysis and other financial requirements,
please consult with either Ms. Roxanne Matsuda or Mr. Arnel Aragon, both
Commerce faculty, for guidance and/or assistance.  Consult with ERC for
technical writing and APC Marketing for APC profiling.  Those with
experiences in proposal writing, please pitch in few tips in producing a
winning proposal.

Consider this as mere test of APC's capability in meeting our global
competitiveness objective.

Happy hunting to all.

Toti Casiño
Lecturer, CSIT
Asia Pacific College

Forwarded From: Pamela Street <pstreet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> This is a Request For Proposals (RFP) for Phase 2 of the infoDev Incubator
> Initiative: capacity building, growth and development of existing
> incubators in developing countries.(http://www.infodev.org/incubator)
>
> infoDev seeks original, creative, and cost-effective proposals, which aim
> to promote the local application and/or improve the use of ICT for social
> and economic development and especially for poverty reduction.  The
> proposed activities should help build local capacity in the target
> business community, raising awareness and promoting the appropriation of
> ICT by local entrepreneurs and small businesses, as tools to address their
> short- and long-term development goals.
>
> One of the objectives of the infoDev Incubator Initiative is to help
> existing incubators improve their own performance, and to bridge the gap
> between their current progress and their development potential. Incubator
> organizations in developing countries are invited to apply for grants
> aimed at capacity building and improving their performance, sustainability
> and growth, in accordance with the strategy and objectives indicated.
>
> This RFP aims at accelerating the development and networking of incubators
> in developing countries. Targeted activities include building
> institutional, managerial and technical capacity; promoting cost-effective
> and efficient integration of adequate ICT throughout the incubation and
> business development cycles, strengthening businesses in ICT and non-ICT
> sectors.
>
> Eligible proponents in this activity are incubators, non-for profit
> business development service centers, science parks, consortiums involving
> the above mentioned types of organizations, or networks of incubators. The
> proponents should have at least two years of experience in
> incubation-related activities.
>
> It is envisaged that this round will allocate between 15-25 grants to
> incubators in developing countries, no more than one grant per country.
>
> The maximum grant amount is $500,000. It is expected that most approved
> grant amounts will be between $300,000 and $500,000.
>
> The complete RFP can be found at http://www.infodev.org/incubator
> The Application Deadline is Monday, February 17, 2003.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to infodev-l as: totic@xxxxxxxxxx
111557B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email message was delivered to you by <http://www.apc.edu.ph> Asia Pacific
College.
Scanning and Virus Filtering is delivered by <http:///www.ravantivirus.com> RAV
Antivirus.
For more information, please visit our website or email the system
administrators at
mailto:sysadmins@xxxxxxxxxxx