[evac-board] Re: Dave Coshow

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <evac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 15:00:35 -0700

Greetings all.

Yes, I am still “on this list”…. That is because I am still the registered
owner of the list.

Well, I am also the AL ALCOR, so that would qualify too… but the point is,
that I am here, and that is ok.

I wanted to chime in on this issue (Coshow).

Claude and I did have a chance to discuss this issue a few evenings back, and I
think it is a wonderful idea.

Yes, I have injury also. I have a compression fracture on L2 (vertebrae), and
am currently wearing a “Turtle Shell”. Simpl alternate wording, I broke my back
!!

I had two separate hospitalizations, one for the trauma (4 days), and then
another 4 days at Banner-Dessert for CHF (Water on the Lungs) which was causing
extensive difficulty in breathing.

But that is all coming around, and things are getting better.

As far as expenses, I have some different circumstances than Mr. Coshow. It
would appear that initial expenses for me are in excess of $100,000 (yup – that
is real).

Those numbers will be reduced by Cigna… I am sure. But in the end, with the
various insurance coverages that I have in place, all will be covered, and I
have no personal need for financial assistance at this time.

Thus, I am agreeing with Claude. There is an “opportunity” for EVAC members to
help one of their own (Mr. Coshow), and anything at all would help a lot.

David M. Douglass

<mailto:david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cell (602) 908-9092