[euralex] Re: [afrilex] Re: Re: [DSNA] RE: End of print dictionaries at Macmillan

  • From: Wilfrid Haacke <whaacke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gillesmaurice.deschryver@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:21:21 +0200

To think that all African kids will have access to electronic media in the foreseeable future is fictitious and simply shows lack of familiarity with the situation in 'bush schools'. I sincerely hope that this decision does not apply to Macmillan in Namibia, at this stage.

Cheers,
Wilfrid Haacke

Thanks for this, Dan. I think this is exactly an area where designers now have to be creative: what is good in print needs to be kept for the digital medium, what the digital medium can add should be developed. Right now what we tend to stumble upon in an online environment is advertisements, but this can be changed, and replaced with all sorts of adaptive content rather than targeted ads. All best, Gilles-Maurice.

    From: euralex-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:euralex-bounce%40freelists.org>