[etni] warning about Project plagiarism

  • From: Ruth Sheffer <ruti044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:37:27 +0200

As I was checking projects and trying to puzzle out some of the strange
bloopers my son told me that there are now automated programs where
you just run a page of wikipedia through and it automatically translates
the whole thing .Sure enough ,when we went to Wikipedia in Hebrew and
translated it into English, there was my pupil's so called article on
Elvis,complete with all the strange translations and mistakes( eg. the
name of the company producer at Sun Records ,Sam Phillips is
translated as "drug Pilps".
anway ,just to let you people know it is worth checking out if you see a
weird blooper ,it may be the product of a translation program and not a
kid who can't write English!
Ruth
Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm