[etni] the shofar

  • From: "devori avramovich" <devoriavramovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:31:35 +0300

i found this on www.e-chinuch.org (a great website)
i changed the words a little, it goes with the tune: "the little bird" - in
hebrew - "Be'arvot hanegev".
shana tova!

The Shofar
I hear the Shofar blowing; it's calling out to me
It's sending me a message and I must heed its plea
It's telling me to wake up and do Teshuva now
Yom Hadin is coming! Do Teshuva now!

I hear the Shofar blowing; it's calling out to me
I think about the future, the person I want to be.
I'll be nice to my family and to my friends,
I'll help out with a smile and try to make amends.

I hear the Shofar blowing; it's message reached my heart,
My Siddur is stained with tears; I try to do my part.
Hashem, king of all kings, please my Teshuva accept,
And grant to me and all: a happy year, so sweet.