[etni] the NBA again

  • From: Ruth Sheffer <ruti044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:34:52 +0200

**** The NBA Poll - www.etni.org - Have you voted yet? ****

Miriam's Immersion system is not a relevant comparison- in Canada the
population speaks French , here English is a foreign language. Also
immersion only works when the kids are exposed to the language many
hours a day from a very early age. Kids who learn 4 hours a week from
Kita Daled with a non native speaking teacher and in a class of 35+ kids
are not going to master the language in the same way as Canadians
learning French in Canada do.Nobody is saying go back to teaching
English like we learnt Latin by conjugating verbs alone. But we still have
not received satisfactory answers to all the glaring flaws in the new
system, which I won't enumerate again,as they have been mentioned
over and over. And that is without getting into the issue of the extra
amount of work demanded of us in the NC for no extra pay!
Ruth