[etni] Re: textbooks for non-readers

  • From: "Michele Ben" <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:30:36 +0200

Rescue (UPP) is also excellent.  If you use it, read the teacher's guide and
make sure to use the tape.
Michele

On 6/20/07, laurie@xxxxxxxx <laurie@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've suggested and shown the following textbook series for non-readers to
the teachers I counsel:

Goals 1, Goals 2 (ECB)

Vision, Better Vision (UPP)

Both of these come with a CD Rom for enrichment

There's also Entry Point 1, 2 and 3 (UPP) No CD Rom as far as I know.

I think the CD Rom adds a special flavor and use of the computer room may
be motivating for these kids.

Do know that remedial books do not appear in the Min. of Ed.'s list of
books in the "chozer mankal"; they list only the up-to-level coursebooks.
(no workbooks either...they're not approved!)

Good luck!

Laurie
** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **