[etni] teachers getting sued....

  • From: sara g <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI list <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:15:10 +0200

Adele wrote:
(I heard.... and this may just be
rumor... that a group of parents in a school up north SUED the teacher for
not doing the project with her class and losing them bagrut points! And
rightfully so, I say!)

I, too, heard this rumor - but it was someplace else, not in the north...
So I asked the Irgun about it, and I was told that any teacher who is being
sued for upholding sanctions of the irgun should talk to them (the irgun)
and they will be protected. The irgun also said that they did not know of
any teacher who was sued. (This was some months ago, maybe things have
 changed since then...)
and as far as i know, workers are not personally liable when upholding
sanctions declared by their union.
  sara g

> ** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org
>   or - http://www.etni.org.il **