[etni] starting bagrut early

  • From: "Aviva Shapiro" <alshapirose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:29:34 +0200

Hello Orly,=0D
As far as we understand (and have done already) with the New Bagrut the
pupils have the right to start (and finish) their Bagrut as early as 10th
grade if they fulfill all requirements. (project/ literature etc..). Last
year we had accelerated 11th graders take E/F and G most with good result=
s.
We did not need special permission.  This year some of them have opted to
take translation while others are just relaxing... This year we have deci=
ded
to start in 10th grade. We have one class, again an accelerated one takin=
module E. (if all goes as planned!!) and we may let some of the weaker
students try module A. Then next year they will complete their Bagrut exa=
m..
There are both pluses and minuses to these plans. However we have a lot o=
pressure put on us both by students and from the administration.  The soo=
ner
the kids finish the less hours for teachers . (budget cuts) We also have =
have all our 12th graders take the Bagrut in winter now. This was not our
decision!!! I know I am not an official and my answer to you is only what=
 we
have done but I hope it helps..  Good luck and Happy New Year to all my o=
ld
friends in Har V'Gai.=0D
Aviva Shapiro=20