[etni] questions about special dispensations for learning disabilities

  • From: chana sokolik <chanasokolik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:00:22 -0700 (PDT)

áñ"ã
I'm sorry to ask things that probably were asked
before.  This is the first year we have so many
different kinds of dispensations to deal with, and I
didn't pay attention until things became relevant for
me:

1)Is it true that a student who got hakraat sheeilon
can either use a taped version of the test or a have a
teacher read to him - and the school can decide which
is best for him?

2)With the teacher-reader option - what are
requirements for who can be the reader?  Does it have
to be another English teacher from the school, or can
it be even an outside volunteer who happens to know
English (at least how to read)?

3)Does the reader read whatever is in the dictionary
when the student looks something up?

4)With the tape version - where do they come from?
Can we somewhere ask for more copies, or do we have to
make our own?

5)If students use the tapes from the Testing Dept.,
they can listen to the listening exercise over and
over again.  Is that okay?

6)If a student has hakraat sheeilon al kaletet and
haarachat zman, does he read his test onto the tape
after his 3 hours and 45 minutes are up?

Any answers?
Thanks,
Chana Sokolik