[etni] Re: problem with dispensations

  • From: Steiner Family <steiner1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: granny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:47:53 +0200

Dear Iris,
I think that you will agree with me when I say that dispensations cannot be
custom-tailored to the needs of each individual pupil.

If pupils record their answers, that means they have difficulties with writing.
 Obviously, if the answers are recorded, then there cannot be any deductions
for spelling mistakes (even though I once received a phone call from the
principal of a school, asking on the day of the exam if points are deducted for
spelling when the pupil RECORDS his answers.....).

Senior examiners are responsible for listening to the tapes and marking the
exams.  If pupils have this dispensation, points are NOT deducted for answers
that were only written and not recorded.

I hope this answers your questions.

Judy