[etni] netvision sending spam

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:03:42 +0200

Hi all,

If you have a netvision email address and you tried sending mail to the ETNI
list in the last day or so, and it bounced, this is because freelists put
netvision on its spam list and began blocking netvision mail - because it
discovered that Netvision was guilty of sending spam. This is an interesting
development since it was netvision which decided to block ETNI mail on the
old topica list because it claimed topica allowed spam through. And now
netvision is guilty of the same thing. This just goes to show you how
complicated the spam issue is.

Luckily for us, freelists is capable of rational thought when it comes to
the spam issue -  and has agreed to lift the ban on netvision, since so many
ETNI subscribers have netvision addresses. Freelists has been amazingly good
in replying quickly to our queries and requests, and this once again makes
us feel that we made the right decision in moving the ETNI list to their
system.

The bottom line is that you should have no problem sending mail now to the
list, even if you have a netvision address.

The ETNI Team