[etni] mistake in C

  • From: renee wahl <renew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 10:38:58 +0300

Hi,
Actually, I don't think there was a mistake in the line numbers.  The most
obvious answer did appear outside the line numbers given, but the same
answer also appeared within the given line numbers.  The problem here might
be an error in judgement as to what level of sophistication we expect from
Module C pupils or perhaps this question was a probe to see whether C level
pupils are capable of answering somewhat more sophisticated questions.
Mostly they are just asked to copy the answer from an appropriate line.
This question asked them to understand the previous paragraph more
thoroughly, and to recognize that one of the words in the required answer
was the same as the most obvious answer in the next paragraph.  We too got
many questions from confused pupils, but all we felt it was right to tell
them was to find the answer according to the instructions and that it DID
exist there.
Renee Wahl

** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/