[etni] misc. Re: bagrut etc

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:47:20 -0700

From: Batya - <shilohmuse@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: misc. Re: bagrut etc

My super weak 11th grade finally listened to my idea that they
give the first 10 minutes of B to write their composition.
I asked them what the topic was (they usually missunderstood the
matkonot topics), and they got it right.  Who knows what they wrote,
but...

Yes, I gave them B this year and the project and the interviews,
like I had suggested at last year's ETAI.  My experiences with A
weren't good, so I figured that studying for C would raise the
basic comprehension needed for the listening.  Then the A RC
would be easy in comparisan and not demand anything more than
getting familiar with the types of questions and text.

I spoke to a graduate who had come to be tested, and he told me
that after trying some sample tests, they seemed much, much easier
than the bagrut, pre-NBA.

I was with the LD C students, and the total test was only 45/100
points, making every little mistake so expensive.  Using the tape
is horrendous.  It adds to the general stress and wastes time.

The C RC was enjoyable for me, and I loved the G one about thinking
and hearing in color.  It explained a lot of things....

I'm glad I'm just a teacher and not the rakezet.

I wonder if my students will ask me to help them prepare for Moed Bet;
I wonder if they do need to try again.

Batya

Visit the ETNI site - http://www.etni.org
Send a message to the ETNI list: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx