[etni] ministry decisions

  • From: "Rachelle Borenstein" <rachcb1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chaviva.isaak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:32:13 +0300

Good morning,
Chaviva has just touched upon one decision that is questionable. Yes, we
want to be environmentally friendly and save money, but with the growing
number of students who need extra time and have dysgraphia, copying from the
workbook will just slow everyone down even more and lead to more careless
mistakes.

Yet this is only one decision from the last few months that raises eyebrows.
Back in May, when we were finalizing booklists, we were told that no
workbooks were on the approved ministry list. That was the first time I
picked up the phone to the person in Misrad Hachinuch and Judy Steiner also
asked them to send me their answer when they had one after writing to her.

Two months later, I corresponded with UPP about books for our "small"
(special ed) class. In time, one book was approved by the MOE, but the other
book we wanted didn't make the cut because "remedial books are not being
given approval". Yesterday I spoke with the homeroom teacher of the class
who said that she understands that that decision is still relevant.

What next?

Rachelle

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx