[etni] magen grades for winter bagrut

  • From: "Aviva Shapiro" <alshapirose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:03:34 +0200

Dear Fellow teachers.
From first hand experience I would like to tell you to be VERY careful when
giving your magen grades.  If there is a discrepancy of more than 20% for
the whole class or Machzor then yes the magen grades will be dropped to 10%
instead of 50%!! You must remember to give a separate grade for each
individual module and the discrepancy is checked by modules not one final
grade as in the old exam.. YES it's very confusing . What I understand is
that the grades should get progressively lower.  FOR INSTANCE; E - 90, F -
83 G - 80 or something like this... In the end the whole grade is "reunited'
but still the discrepancies are based on individual modules... I know all
this as last year our 11th grades had a large discrepancy on module G and we
are now awaiting the answer to our appeal.  If we lose, their grades will be
penalized.. So Remember, Be Careful!!!
AND  Good luck to us all on the Winter Bagrut.. May it be a fair test!!!! Aviva