[etni] Re: little and small

  • From: "English With Linda" <englishwithlinda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:27:40 +0200

I would say that "little" has 6 letters and "small" has five.
Then I decided to google. Always interesting!

Of course, there are usage and collocation differences, especially using
"little" to describe non-countables...but on the whole, they mean the same.
Sometimes they are interchangeable, and sometimes not:
(small difficulty, little difficulty). I'm sure others will explain it better.
;-)

Cheers...Linda

From: Daniel Ashkenazy - yosefdaniel99@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: little and small

Here is one for the record books My son asked me the difference between
"little" and "small" how would you answer that one?

--
Daniel Ashkenazy
Educator, Writer, Guide

** The ETNI Rag **