[etni] Re: learning cursive

  • From: "Patricia Reifen" <patriciareifen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: saragabai@xxxxxxxxx, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:43:00 +0000

Hi everyone,

Remember that there are two popular types of cursive writing - underhand, which is usually taught in Europe and overhand, which is more common in The States.

Personally, I prefer to teach underhand because it is easier for the students to read their own writing since the letters don't appear so different, especially the lower case b,r,m and n.

Enjoy life,
Patricia

Sara wrote:
I agree that cursive is faster than printing. But, at least in high school,
we don't have time to teach it.
At http://www.handwritingforkids.com/handwrite/cursive.htm there are some
nice worksheets for students who want to learn it on their own.
It also has animations on how to form each letter .

  sara g

Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm

** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **