[etni] Re: important questions re Bagrut

  • From: Steiner Family <steiner1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: srmaoz@xxxxxxxxxxx, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:36:47 +0300

Sarah asked:

1) Do Ethiopian 12th grade students still get a 10 point bonus added to
their school grade (and Bagrut grade).  I know that this was cancelled
for new immigrants in favor of extra time and being able to answer in their
mother tongue but I heard that there was some different dispensation for
Ethiopian 12th graders (11th graders too?)

Judy's answer:

In a recent letter from the Testing Dept., it is written that pupils who
cannot answer in their mother tongue (e.g. Ethiopians), and therefore answer
in Hebrew, will be awarded a ten point bonus.

Sarah asked:

2) If a student cannot do that Moed A because she is sitting shiva (for a
parent!), can she do Moed Bet without having done Moed A.  Does the school
have to write a special letter to someone to ask permission?

Judy's answer:

Like last year, a student can do Moed Bet without having done Moed A.  No
special permission is necessary.