[etni] fw: required hours of English

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:25:27 +0200

From: "Richard & Shira" - richshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: required hours of English

Last year our school cut English hours in the Junior High and supported their decision with back-up from the Ministry of Education which stipulates that 11 hours have to be given over 7,8 and 9th grades and can be divided up as the school sees fit. When we opposed the decision and checked it with the inspectorate we were told that this is true.

I don't know how many hours are stipulated in high school. Anyway, it would be good to have this information in an accessible place for
English teachers and co-ordinators. Does anyone know where the official requirements are written?

Shira Zimmerman

Visit the ETNI site - http://www.etni.org
Send a message to the ETNI list: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send queries and questions to: ask@xxxxxxxx