[etni] fw: hats off to Sandy Regev

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:02:36 +0200

From: "Dvora Ben-Meir" - benmeir@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: hats off to Sandy Regev

I just returned from an unusual evening in Ramle. Sandy Regev had written to the list about a month ago asking for volunteers to come "practice" test the students before their oral exam. Sandy carefully prepared the evening - from 6:30 to 9:00 and had 2-3 volunteers testing each of the students. This was a wonderful chance for the students to get used to speaking to total strangers, and a gratifying experience for me as a retired teacher to get to know some amazing youngsters. Sandy took care of question sheets, attendance and coffee and cake. There was even a formal letter of thanks awaiting each of the volunteers.
Israel is lucky to have dedicated teachers like Sandy Regev and her students are especially lucky to have her as their English teacher.
Dvora

Visit the ETNI site - http://www.etni.org
Send a message to the ETNI list: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send queries and questions to: ask@xxxxxxxx