[etni] fw: Re: thoughts about our tragic reality

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:07:44 +0200

From: "Esther Lucas" <lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: thoughts about our tragic reality

Continuing what Aviva wrote:? I was teaching during the Six Day
War, the October War, the War of Attrition etc. When have we not
had wars? I always felt that however much I wanted them to succeed,
 I should not be too hard on the 'Yud Bet' students. I knew they were
about to join the army. It always sobered me. And then utter sadness
when I saw the name of an ex student on the memorial wall of the
school. This is the world we live in, and we have to face up to it.
I feel for all of you who are teaching today. I wish you strength.

Esther

Aviva wrote:
> It is hard to sit silent in these days of turmoil. Only a few
> days ago I attended the conference? in Jerusalem and had my
> spirits lifted and thought that I was begining my relaxing
> summer vacation. In my workshop I talked about how to deal with
> obstacles in the classroom. I suggested being positive, looking
> for the good etc.. Now only days later. I sit in my house above
> the Kinneret which I once thought of as safe from Katuyshot and
> wonder what has gone wrong. We as a nation are facing an obstacle
> which can't be solved in my simplistic way. I am crushed.

(To read the original message, go to -
//www.freelists.org/archives/etni/07-2006/msg00119.html  )