[etni] Re: extra hours on the day of bagrut

  • From: Mitzi Geffen <mitzi1002001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:02:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone,
         Though it's true that we don't get paid extra for work on the day of
the bagrut exam or for marking "matkonot", we are also not docked pay for the
many cancelled lessons when our students are off for the day because it's the
day before another bagrut or they're taking a matkonet in another subject. I
think it all evens out in the end. That is not to say that our miniscule hourly
rate is reasonable, but I think we are paid for all of the hours we teach
including the extra hours around bagrut time.
              Mitzi

Aviva Shapiro <alshapirose@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
**** ETNI on the web http://www.etni.org.il http://www.etni.org ****

Dear Aviva and anyone else,
The day of the English Bagrut all the teachers work really hard and no one gets
paid extra. The amount of money paid to teachers who test orally is miniscule
so that's not the reason we do it. Whether this is right or wrong I don't know.
We also don't get paid for the extra hours we put in checking the mock exams
late into the night or early in the morning so the kids get them back as soon
as possible and so we can work out their magen. However , this is part of the
job. That's what I know. I hope it helps. Aviva Shapiro

http://mail.yahoo.com