[etni] dispensations and psychometric exam - who's in the know?

  • From: "Lev Abramov" <lev.abramov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni@Freelists. Org" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:55:22 +0300

Folks,

I've been asked to take in a private student who needs to be prepared
for the English part of the psychometric exam.

The student was diagnosed as LD while in school. Her English is next
to non-existent.

She has been informed that her DL dispensations are not taken into
consideration at the psychometric exam simply because there is no way
to proved her "hakra'a" etc. She seems devastated, as she feels she
will not be able to make it without her dispensations.

I have a feeling this cannot be correct - however, she says she asked
someone who teaches a psychometric prep course.

Is there someone on the list who knows more about the issue?

Please share what you know.

Best -

Lev
Write for "The Etni Rag" - http://www.etni.org/etni_rag.htm

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm