[etni] cursive writing

  • From: Avi Granit <judiavi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:32:02 +0300

I also think now is a great time to teach cursive writing.

Obviously there are British - American differences and while I think that the
British "joined-up writing" is a little easier and clearer than the American
more flowery and
"loopy" style - this is most probably due to the fact that I am from the UK!! (
 I would hate to contribute to another USA v UK etni "war"!)

Both styles are acceptable as long as they are taught carefully, and each
letter clearly differentiated i.e. the differences between "v" "u" and "w" must
be CLEAR.

Some nicebasic workpages with examples of the British "underhand?" style can be
found at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/phonics/magicpencil/index.shtml

(Click on the phonemes on the right for the workpages).

Judi G.