[etni] clarification for the online NBA courses

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:55:48 +0200

Dear ETNIers,
I am writing this in the wake of a few emails that I received, asking questions
about the online NBA course, showing me that there seems to be a bit of
confusion about them.
1. The NBA course that will be given online is the same as the Face to Face
ones that have been given (and WILL be given again this year) at different
sites around the country HOWEVER, the online one will take place (as its name
described) in cyberspace! There are a number of us who will be giving them
(including yours truly).  We will live in cyberspace and teach you via your
computer ;)  We will have 3 face to face meetings, which is why we have divided
the participants up geographically, so that no one will have to travel very far
in order to get to the F2F session.

2. There was one very large online course that was given by Gail Mann last year
- this is basically the one we will be giving this year - and I have it from
many well respected colleagues that it was excellent.

3. I will be giving the one in the south, and I know for a fact that not many
people have signed up (hey! Wake up! This is a great opportunity to take the
course in your pj's * and not have to schlep up to Tel Aviv for the F2F
sessions!!!)so please sign up ASAP if  you want it to happen.

4. Although I am giving a course in the south, and others are giving courses
focused on Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and other regions, ALL participants need to
sign up via the Pisga in Haifa - DO NOT LET THAT CONFUSE YOU.  It is merely a
bureaucratic procedure.  You will never have to go to Haifa!  You just fax or
phone them.  (You can look at a website if you wish, or you COULD take the 3
hour trek there..... never mind - I'll have to print a disclaimer, or get sued
in the end - and here I am, trying to clarify  things for you - my apologies)

So please, if you wish to take the NBA 200-5 online course, send Rene Wahl an
email ( renew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) and tell her that Adele sent you.

G'mar Hatima Tova to you all!
And to All a goodnight!
Adele

* Clarification: You are all requested to wear regular street clothing (and NOT
your pj's ) when coming to the F2F sessions