[etni] cheating

  • From: "avi tsur" <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:47:14 +0000

In answer to Howard and others

Dear friends, Shalom

I answer for myself as one of the English inspectors. In the past (including
the past bagrut exam) if any of my teachers had a problem with "cheating" I
immediately took action. I am still dealing with such a problem at one of my
schools, it is nasty work but part of my job and I will see it through!!! I
think it is unfair of you to write that the inspectorate does nothing. We do
nothing when it is all kept hush-hush. Unfortunatel, if a serious complaint
IN WRITING is not submitted to the inspector, the messages like some that I
read on ETNI are regarded as gossip. Please don't throw the blame on the
inspectorate. Give me (us) the name of the school, teacher, coordinator -
and let me (us) do my (our) job. Your criticism is valid only if and when we
do not confront those concerned.

Shana Tova to us all. Yours sincerely
Avi Tsur, a proud English Inspector