[etni] be a part of ETNI

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:00:38 -0700

Hi all,

As you know, ETNI doesn't have an official membership list. There are
different ways that you can become a part of ETNI. You can subscribe to
the ETNI mailing list, add yourself to the "Who's Who" database on ETNI,
and if you are an elementary school teacher, also add yourself to the
"Elementary School Teachers' Database".
(You can do all of the above through the links on the ETNI front page -
www.etni.org.il  or  www.etni.org - under "Be a part of ETNI").

You may be just a "lurker" (someone who watches the ETNI discussions
over the list, but doesn't take an active part), or you may be a
frequent contributor to the ETNI discussions. You may frequently share
your materials and teaching ideas on the ETNI "Teachers for Teachers"
section, or you may simply find materials there to use in your class
from time to time.

As you know, ETNI doesn't collect membership dues. We are a voluntary
organization, basically run by two crazy people. Luckily, we have the
sponsorship of Midreshet Sde Boker for the use of the - etni.org.il -
site (Internet server). The financing of the ETNI site on the U.S.
server - etni.org - and the ETNI mail -  comes out of our own pockets.
We believe that it is important that ETNI remains a free service to
teachers and will do everything to keep it this way.
We also believe it to be extremely important that ETNI remains an
apolitical organization which is not influenced by any other
institution. This is also a standard which we will continue to
maintain.

In the upcoming school year, we hope to develop ETNI further and make it
more and more useful to teachers. Your input and participation in this
process will ensure its success. The chief sections that we will be
concentrating on in the coming months are the "Teachers for Teachers"
section and the "Elementary School section", but there are also other
areas that we are sure that need to be worked on.

Your input is always welcome. We have just added an "ETNI Suggestion
box"  (a link to it can be found on the front page under "Be a part of
ETNI"). We hope to hear from you.

The ETNI Team