[etni] attachments and the ETNI mailing list

  • From: David Lloyd <dlloyd54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 16:30:11 +0200

Hi all,

This is the time to remind you all that attachments do not go through
to the ETNI list. This is in order to prevent the spread of viruses,
etc., as well as to prevent large attachments from filling up people's
email boxes.

When you send an attachment with your message directly to the ETNI
list address:  etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
the automatic list handler strips away the attachment and leaves only
the plain text in the message.
I then receive your message for approval without the attachment and
there is little reason for sending the message through.

In a perfect world, where I could still generate over 500 emails per
day, I might be able to let you all know that this was the reason why
your email did not go through. But there is just not enough time in
the day. So, I am laying the responsibility directly upon your own
shoulders (how many times have you said this to your students?).

There are ways of sharing files with the list, however. You can send
your message, together with the attached file to the following
address:
etni.list@xxxxxxxxx

Your message will then reach me with the attachment intact. I will
then upload the attached file to the ETNI site and add a link to your
file in the body of your message. However, this requires substantial
extra work, especially when a number of people are sending attachments
in this way, so please do so only when you feel that the attached file
really warrants the extra work.

Thanks,

David

David Lloyd