[etni] another LD question - book reports!

  • From: sarag <sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:37:40 +0200

How does a kid who can't read and has "oral testing" do book reports? I read
books to my daughter when she was in high school. (I really enjoyed it!) But
most parents can't do this. Books on tape are very expensive to buy - the
parents shouldn't have to (5 books - that the 4 or 5 point kids need - would
cost about 1000 NIS) . Do school librarys buy tapes? (Ours doesn't have a
budget for this.)
The "library for the blind" has very few reading books in English.

So how do you solve this? (And is there an "official" answer from the
mafmarit?)

     gmar hatima tova!
     sara
sara g in israel