[etni] You are invited to join the "ELT-Israel" Ning

  • From: Eduardo Lina <eduardolina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~ Sally Berger (see more
quotations on beginnings)

"The internet is changing and so is our job as teachers. This Ning (see
Wikipedia) will provide us with another channel to exchange ideas and share
stuff."

Don't worry if you don't know much about New Technologies. Just give yourself a
chance to learn, share, get help, and help others. We can do much to do better
as teachers as well (this does not mean, however, that you are not doing a good
job). ELT-Israel is meant to give us that chance, but NEVER to replace ETNI
(which is our main community on the Web).

Folowing are the "welcome words" on the online platform (which will always be
under construction, of course)  - see http://eltisrael.ning.com/

 "I have been an English teacher and member of ETNI and ETAI for a long time.

I would like to suggest we add this Ning to the ETNI / ETAI community.

The internet is changing and so is our job as teachers. It seems to me that in
Israel we have a long way to go to efficiently use new technologies in our work
as English teachers (a long way in many ways, not just in what this requires
from teachers). A Ning (an online platform for users who want to create
networks around specific interests)  could help us walk this way.

The Ning I have in mind would cater to the needs of English Language Teaching
(ELT) in Israel. It could also be a way of introducing as many English teachers
as possible to today's internet (mainly Web 2.0 tools).

I like the introductory words of Classroom 2.0 - "Welcome to Classroom20.com,
the social networking site for those interested in Web 2.0 and collaborative
technologies in education.

"We especially hope that those who are "beginners" will find this a supportive
community and a comfortable place to start being part of the digital dialog."

I hope this Ning does that, too.

Finally, I wish to encourage my colleagues in Israel to join ETNI and ETAI.
Sharing is growing, so we can all contribute to our professional growth.

Thanks for your time!

Looking forward for your comments,
Eduardo"

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be
the beginning. ~ Louis L'Amour (see more quotations on beginnings)

Yahoo! MTV Blog & Rock &gt;¡Cuéntanos tu historia, inspira una canción y gánate
un viaje a los Premios MTV! Participa aquí http://mtvla.yahoo.com/