[etni] The Mashov

  • From: Louise - <lu_mmm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:44:53 -0400

OK, my school uses the Mashov and while the idea of it is good, there are
things that arent working well for me:

1. Parents who say they dont know how to use it or wont. They still want me to
communicate with them directly.They will not take the answer - too bad.
Generally, its too bad on me.

2. Students complaining they can't get into the Mashov. SO they want me to
communicate by E-mail. Then there are those who dont have E-mail or Mashov but
prefer Facebook. Get the picture?

3. Then there is the constant stream of kids who say they were in class and I
marked them absent. Or after two months they finally show me a doctors note and
can I please change their record. Or the kids saying they did their homework
when I wrote they didnt. etc., etc.

 4. Not to leave out the Mechonechet -- I had one who complained that even if a
child disturbs in a double lesson (both lessons) I should only list him once,
because really it is one lesson.

As I said - I love the idea, but really the amount of work is too much.

Louise

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
Much more than just a journal