[etni] The Irgun and the Gesher

  • From: David Graniewitz <graniewitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:08:11 +0300 (IDT)

I have just received an email from Irgun Hamorim with a
letter from Our Glorious Leader, Chairman Erez, Light Of The
Nations informing the proletariat that we must not start the
school year bsfore the sacred date of Sept 1st even if it
means getting the days off betwen Yom Kippur and Succot.

I think that the man has gone too far. Many schools start
earlier, especially religious ones in order to utilise the
little time we are given before the Hagim. Study days in
between the various festivals often turn out to be a waste
of time. Often families take advantage of the period to go
away so pupils aren't at school anyway.

I think that most of us would rather start a few days
earlier and be compensated with a longer break when we
really need it after having taught for a few weeks.

Why doesn't he just mind his own business sometimes?

David