[etni] Subject: bilingual singer songwriters

  • From: HAGIT LAHAV חגית להב <hagit_27@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 08:52:02 +0300

David
Thank you for sharing this link- you made my day!
She is amazing!!!! They all sound so good together-
So talented and refreshing - pure joy!
I am updating my Facebook status with this beautiful link so that others
would enjoy too...

Hagit Lahav
School of Arts, Tel Aviv

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:21:18 +0300
Subject: [etni] bilingual singer songwriters
From: David Lloyd <dlloyd54@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

A number of articles have appeared on this list lately about being
bilingual, and its benefits. I'm sure that this got many of you
thinking, especially those of you who have struggled with the decision
as to whether or not to bring up your children bilingual.

This also led me to wonder, especially after my daughter sent me a
link to an amazing new young bilingual Israeli singer songwriter, as
to whether being bilingual adds an extra depth to a singer
songwriter's musical experience.

Anyhow, after my daughter attempted to broaden my cultural horizons
(you know how it is with kids - you teach them all that you know and
they end up thinking that you are clueless), and after discovering
that Maya Isacowitz is performing at the Jacob's Ladder Festival on
May 20th, I thought I'd share the link with the list as well.

BTW - Maya is the daughter of ex South Africans Pete and Les Isacowitz
and her father runs a unique studio in Rosh Pina for handcrafted door
harps, musical tables, celtic harps and more. And no, I don't know
them personally and will not get a free door harp out of this.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8ygcovPmY&feature=player_embedded

David