[etni] Richard Cory

  • From: Orly Sela <orlysela@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:27:15 +0300

Dear All,

First, I would like to thank Adele for being so open with us on the list
regarding her husband's suicide. I imagine this couldn't have been easy to
say the least, and I for one really appreciate the honesty and simple
sharing. As for the poem itself, I have taught it in the past, and never
thought it would be a problem, but following the recent discussion on the
list I would certainly think about it twice now, and at the very least find
out if any family members of the students in that particular class had
committed suicide. At any rate, whatever your opinion is, it's good to be
reminded once in a while to be careful about what we say and teach, and to
remember that first and foremost we teach people, not material.

Orly

Dr. Orly Sela

Head - Department of English Language and Literature

Oranim Academic College of Education

Email: orlysela@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: +972-52-3358643