[etni] Response to Shoshana

  • From: Andreea Diaconeasa <swift_random@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:57:09 -0800 (PST)

If pupils can't check their answers we are indeed in
big trouble! On answering the questions of one of the
ECB unseens, my pupils came across the need to find
the right definition of "hot" (as spicy) and those who
used the "Harrap" dictionary (they are Arabic native
speakers) couldn't find the right answer. And I , in
my naivete, told them that the test writers check
themselves using the Oxford, so  they should try to
get hold of one for the bagrut. Not that the Oxford is
that good... but that's another story.

Andreea

http://my.yahoo.com