[etni] Re: Refusal to Implement HOTS at the moment

  • From: Eduardo Lina <eduardolina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, golomb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:14:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi!
Well, here it is:
My name is Eduardo Lina, English teacher - The  Six Year Kugel  High School,
Holon, Israel.
I am one of those who took part in writing and sending that letter to the
English Inspector a couple of years ago (soon after the strike). I also took
part in one of the meetings  involving the Irgun (Ran Erez), English teachers
and  the English Inspector.
I said then (and still say) that the Ministry should listen to and take care
(more care) of all those of us, English teachers working in the system.
Now it is again time to speak up mainly as an English teacher.
I refuse to implement the HOTS program as it stands at the moment.
I have let teachers in my school know that.
I have been around teaching English at Kugel High School for 21 years
(preparing for Bagrut all these years).
It is time to say NO to this one.
I have sent a message to Nina as she has asked.
Eduardo