[etni] Re Laurie Orenstein's posting about social justice in children's books

  • From: Fruma Cohen <fruma2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: English teachers Network of Israel <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 05:33:15 +0000

My aunt wrote a play (in rhyme form no less!) called The Trial of Hansel and
Gretel.  Were they justified in shoving the old lady into the oven?  My aunt
was a 2nd grade teacher in New Jersey and retired after many, many years of
loving children and even more, having them love her.   Fruma

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx