[etni] Random thoughts on the importance of money - choice quotes from Module G

  • From: maxine tsvaigrach <maxinetz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:55:59 +0200

Some random thoughts on the importance of money as a consideration in choosing
a job career, courtesy of the May 2007 Module G Bagrut examination:

"You can start as a police officer and to be,  after some years, a manager of a
police state. "

"Everything costs money except the air that we smell."

"If having money brings him happiness he should choose the most profitable
career.    However, most of us aren't that shallow.   We have other things to
consider, like honor and prestige."

"You can't be happy when you are up to your sleeves with debt."

"The more you have money the less you have something to buy."  (Huh?)

"If one chooses an unworthy job, teaching, for example....... " (finish the
sentence)

"I have to care for my family that they will get a nice home to live in and
worm food to eat when they come back home."

'It's the only way of achieving a happy, working society and will lower the
rage of cranky, cold-hearted businessmen's suicides. "

"They want money to spend on mumbo jumbo things. " (You have to know Module G
in order to fully appreciate that one).

"Our dreams it's like our shadows, when it disappears we will know that we
disappeared. "

"We all just human, we will live 120 years and dead. "  (I'm trying to figure
out if this one is an optimist or a pessimist).

"As we read in a play called 'Death of an Agent'............"

The most convincing argument of all in favor of money as the prime
consideration:

    " You can bribe important people."

This one I loved until it occurred to me that this kid was trying to butter me
up:

   "I believe one should seek purpose and satisfaction when looking for a job
or career.  Teaching, for example, will not bring in  a lot of money but the
reward is eventually far greater than a big pile of money in one's bank
account."

To sum it up in four words:  "Money isn't everything."

Yes, definitely (worm)food for thought.     Regards, Maxine Tsvaigrach

** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **