[etni] Ran Erez and the Irgun

  • From: tessa shrem <tessashrem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:39:35 +0200

Hi all,
I have just read the letter that Ran Erez wote to all English teachers on
the Irgun site concerning projects and HOTS.  While everything he wrote
about the projects is true, he unfortunately does not give advice on what to
do if an examiner who arrives at a school and demands a project.  It's all
very well telling us to stand firm, but he is not the one who will have to
face the pupils, their parents, and the principal, if the pupil fails the
test because he didn't do a project.  And there are teachers who have said
they would fail  pupils in this situation.

For this reason, against my better judgement, and with a heavy heart, I AM
doing a quick project, although, up till now, for the last 2 years, I have
kept to all the sanctions that the Irgun decided on.

Tessa