[etni] Re: Poll results

  • From: Lev Abramov <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyuval@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:11:23 +0200

**** If I had the chance to do it all over again. - www.etni.org ****

Elizabeth wrote:

>The final results of the NBA poll are in, and of 302 teachers, about 20 were
>enthusiatically in favor. All the rest were either dead set against it or had
>reservations of varying degrees. That means that 94% of the teachers are
>teaching a system they don't agree with, or if you prefer, don't fully agree
>with. That is a far cry from wishing the literature were still in the written
>exam or feeling uncomfortable about the cue cards. What happens now? It is a
>given that we are not going to get words like "mistake" or "miscalculation"
>from the ministry. They are politicians and politicans never admit to making
>mistakes or miscalculating. So again, what happens now?

Never say "never," Elizabeth. Take a good look at the news.

    * Scientists have divulged that a 68 million year-old Tyrannosaurus
      rex that was unearthed in Montana was not only a female, but that
      she was pregnant.
    * Dennis Rader, 60 - the BTK serial killer that terrorized Wichita
      in the 1970s - gets caught and stands trial.
    * Mark Felt, 91, has just revealed his role as Deep Throat in
      blowing the lid on the shameful 1974 Watergate cover-up.

Don't despair. Life expectancy in Israel is one of the highest in the
world. As soon as senility kicks in, someone may actually admit that
something was wrong with the NBA. All we need is patience. And longevity.

This was meant to be funny, in case someone didn't get it. But kidding
aside, I would appreciate hearing from some of the people who had made
certain predictions and allegations before the poll started. Some of
them seem to have had little touch with reality. Remember? Teachers are
those who never stop learning. Any lessons learned? Any conclusions made?

Best -

Lev