[etni] No to HOTS

  • From: Golomb <golomb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:52:07 +0300

I don't understand many teachers. Why are you behaving like lambs to the
slaughter?
Since when is the HOTS program a fait accompli???
We are the ones to implement it.  I, for one, absolutely refuse either to
take any courses or implement the program until changes in the whole English
syllabus have been made.
I, for one, cannot and will not teach HOTS plus do a project plus do
extensive reading in the hours that have been allotted to English (4 hours
at my school) and without remuneration.  Something has to be removed from
the program and I suggest the project and the extensive reading in the 12th
grade.
Why are so many English teachers behaving as though they have no say and no
option?  YOU are the ones, and the only ones, who can guarantee the
implementation and success of any program.

I admit that our Irgun is not very efficient, but I intend to nag them until
they give us clear directives.  In the meantime, be strong and resolute and
stand united and refuse to act until the whole matter has been cleared up to
our satisfaction (for a change)!

Nina Golomb